The Knowledge Sessions: Implementation Science - what can veterinary medicine learn from human medicine?
How can we express evidence in a way that means people will engage with it and understand it? How do team dynamics and individual context influence whether evidence is used appropriately and fully? What can we learn from the experience in human medicine?
These questions and more are explored in this roundtable discussion featuring:
- Trish Greenhalgh, Professor of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford
- Dr Zoe Belshaw, internal medicine specialist, Centre for Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine at the University of Nottingham/PDSA
- Dr Louise Buckley, RVN and Lecturer, University of Edinburgh/Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- Laura Playforth, Veterinary Surgeon, Vice-Chair of RCVS Knowledge Quality Improvement Advisory Board and Professional Standards Director at Vets Now
- Adewole Adekola and Imogen Schofield: Veterinary Surgeons and PhD students at the Royal Veterinary College
Download the transcript from the RCVS Knowledge website.
The Knowledge Sessions bring together specialists from across the industry to examine the landscape, propose potential approaches to complex problems, and provide practical advice on a range of subjects.